At Biebel Brothers Roofing, we are dedicated to helping our customers get maximal lifespan and performance out of their roofs. However, the time eventually does come when existing roofing materials have to be replaced in order to ensure the continued protection of the property. Below are some of the most common warning signs that it may be time to call us for an estimate on a new roof in St. Louis, MO.
- Buckled or Curled Shingles – Buckling and curling are common in aging roofs, and may indicate that your home is exposed to the elements.
- Algae Growth or Tar Streaking – These are both strong indications that your shingles are losing their weatherproofing properties.
- Mold and Moisture – Mold and moisture are signs of water damage that, over time, will cause wood and other materials to rot.
- Missing Shingles – When your roof is missing shingles, your home is extremely vulnerable to water infiltration.
- Missing Granules – When asphalt shingles are visibly losing their granules, that means that their weatherproofing properties are on the decline.
- Higher Energy Bills – You may notice a spike in your energy bills as your current roof ages and can no longer perform as it once did.